Our vape batteries are incredibly important to us, but most of us forget to look after them appropriately. So we have created a handy-dandy list of things that will help avoid incidents that can cause thermal runaway with your vape batteries:
- Your battery wrapper is damaged ( Always replace your battery wraps when they show wear and tear )
- Don't use Sub-Ohm commercial tanks on a mechanical device.
- You are building extremely low resistance coils without using a multi-meter / ohm meter
- The air holes on your mechanical mod are blocked with dirt
- You don’t know the max discharge rate (amperage) of your batteries
- You overcharged your batteries with a unsafe charger
- You let your batteries discharge below 3.2V damaging your battery permanently.
- You let batteries touch each other on metal objects, such as in your pocket! Use battery cases when travelling.
Last updated on March 25th 2019.