Obviously this is something that lots of vaper's are concerned about, so we have created a handy-dandy list of things that will help avoiding incidents that can cause thermal runaway with your vape batteries:
Things to avoid:
- Your battery wrapper is broken ( Always replace your battery wraps when they show wear and tear )
- Dont use Sub-Ohm commercial tanks on a mechanical device.
- You are building extremely low resistance coils without using a multi-meter / ohm meter
- The air holes on your mechanical mod are blocked with dirt
- You don’t know the max discharge rate (amperage) of your batteries
- You overcharged your batteries with a unsafe charger
- You let batteries touch each other on metal objects, such as in your pocket! Use battery cases when travelling.
Last updated on March 22nd 2019.